To apply for an apartment, please download our rental application:
Also available for download is a copy of our lease:
WHISPERING PINES APARTMENTS & TOWNHOUSES
Rental Policy Statement
Thank you for your interest in our apartment community. Whispering Pines Apartments & Townhouses complies with all federal, state, and local fair housing laws, and does not discriminate, show, or offer housing with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, familial status or any other characteristic protected by law. Whispering Pines Apartments & Townhouses welcomes all qualified residents. Please read the following Rental Policy Statement carefully prior to submitting any and all applications for rental housing.
Apartment Availability Policy: Apartment availability is defined as follows; at such time our rental office is in receipt of a current resident’s intent to vacate (either verbal or written) said apartment will be marketed for new rental opportunities. We update our list of apartments to rent/move in subject to information as received from vacating residents and the maintenance department. Please note; an apartment which was unavailable for marketing in the morning could very well become available later that day subject to the above.
Rental Application and Fee: The rental application fee is $25.00. This fee is non-‐refundable and is the total fee per apartment regardless of the number of applications submitted for that apartment. It is important that you review this document carefully before submitting an application, making certain that, to the best of your knowledge all applicants meet the rental qualifications as stated. A separate rental application must be completed by all tenant(s) and or occupant(s) as named to the lease agreement that are 18 years of age or older without omissions or falsifications. False information given on an application will entitle Whispering Pines Apartments & Townhouses to reject the applicant, or in the case where a lease has been signed, terminate the lease agreement.
Age: All lessees must be of legal age to contract.
Occupancy Guidelines: To prevent overcrowding and undue stress on plumbing and other building systems, we adhere to applicable local, state and federal Fair Housing Laws. Generally, a maximum of two persons may reside in a one bedroom apartment home. A maximum of four persons may reside in a two bedroom apartment home. A maximum of 6 persons may reside in a three bedroom townhouse.
Pets: Our rental community allows for CATS ONLY. See Management for additional fees and documentation required.
Co-‐signors: It is our policy not to accept co-‐signors to a lease agreement.
Rental Application Processing: A Rental Deposit and Apartment Application Processing Fee must accompany all applications for a particular apartment. Both the “Deposit“and “Fee” are due at the time of application and payable separately. We accept cash, personal checks, and traveler’s checks as a form of payment. We do not accept credit/debit cards, foreign currency, and advise against certified checks or money orders.
- Rental Deposit $300.00
- Application Fee $35.00 ( per apartment )
- Both Application Fee and Deposit are payable separately
Your application includes information consisting of residence history, employment and income information, and credit history. Whispering Pines Apartments & Townhouses reserves the right to process all applications as received and may take up to three business days. It is each applicant’s responsibility to contact the office to determine the status of your rental application. At such time an application is approved, the rental deposit ($300.00) becomes the security deposit on account for the apartment, subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the fully executed lease agreement.
At such time an application is rejected, the following occurs: you will be notified in writing of same. The rental deposit id returned, however the apartment application processing fee is non-‐refundable. All cash deposits must be personally picked up from the rental office by the applicant during business hours Monday-‐Friday. The “reserved” apartment will become available for marketing and other rental opportunities at such time the application was rendered a rejection.
Rental Criteria: To qualify for an apartment, Whispering Pines Apartments & Townhouses maintains the following criteria.
1. Income: The monthly household “net” income (after debt) must be at least three times the monthly rent plus estimated monthly utilities for the apartment. Applicants may be required to provide as proof one of the following: current pay stubs, most current Federal Income Tax Return, and or other proof deemed acceptable by Whispering Pines Apartments & Townhouses. Inconsistent income such as commissions or tips will be considered only if verifiable for up to a minimum of six months prior to date of application.1. Income: The monthly household “net” income (after debt) must be at least three times the monthly rent plus estimated monthly utilities for the apartment. Applicants may be required to provide as proof one of the following: current pay stubs, most current Federal Income Tax Return, and or other proof deemed acceptable by Whispering Pines Apartments & Townhouses. Inconsistent income such as commissions or tips will be considered only if verifiable for up to a minimum of six months prior to date of application.
- Alimony/Child Support: Will be considered verifiable provided such alimony/child support is pursuant to court order.
- Self Employment/Retirement: If an applicant is elf employed or retired, the applicant may be required to provide proof of income and/or the ability to pay rent for the term of the lease by furnishing copies of Federal Income Tax Returns filed for the previous year, or current financial statement.
- Scholarships/Study Subsidies: Will be considered verifiable income when documented.
2. Rental History: Satisfactory rental history and references is required. If you have ever been evicted or sued for any lease violation, the application will be rejected.
3. Credit History: An extensive, negative credit history is grounds for the rejection of an application. Negative credit history includes but is not limited to any of the following:
- Any judgment not remedied and/or foreclosure of real estate not included in bankruptcy.
- Credit or installment delinquencies.
- Credit accounts that are currently in collection or previous charge-‐offs. This includes open accounts from a utility, telephone service or cable company.
- Any repossession of material or personal property that has not been repaid.
- Any lawsuit pending or not remedied for the collection of personal debt.
- Any personal bankruptcy within the past five years that has not been discharged, credit to be reestablished.
Additionally, insufficient credit history or (lack of any verifiable credit) may also result in a rejected application.
4. Apartment Renters Insurance: Management requires that each tenant as named to the lease agreement maintain at their own expense a Tenant’s or Renter’s insurance policy issued by a licensed insurance company for the apartment by which you reside. Spouses need only provide one policy for both. The policy must provide limits of liability of at least $100,000 personal liability plus the value of an personal belongings. Documentation of such (copy) must be provided to the office on or before lease start date.